Associate Degree Program Outcomes
In alignment with the University Outcomes, students participating in the PACE program will demonstrate the abilities below. Those completing an associate degree will be measured on all 10 outcomes in the Capstone Course. Students will successfully demonstrate:
- the ability to read, write and speak appropriately and effectively.
- the ability to use mathematical concepts to solve problems.
- the ability to explain at least part of the natural world through scientific processes.
- the ability to use computers and understand developing technology in a contemporary society.
- an understanding of the arts and humanities as fields of study that contribute to our growth.
- an understanding of Christian faith in the context of contemporary existence.
- an understanding of the geography, politics, beliefs and customs of the United States and at least one culture outside the United States.
- an understanding of the major concepts of the behavioral and social sciences.
- competency in basic research related skills.
- the ability to respectfully engage persons whose culture, ideas and beliefs differ from their own in recognition of our human diversity.
In addition to the above 10 outcomes, those obtaining their Associates of General Business will demonstrate the following:
- the ability to communicate effectively using business terminology.
- the ability to describe basic marketing, accounting, financial and operations management concepts.