Communications Program Outcomes
Journalism and Public Relations
- Demonstrate proficiency in various types of professional writing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal and ethical issues in the field of journalism or public relations.
- Demonstrate knowledge, appreciation and understanding of major Mass Media.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and research Media Program Content (within an ethical framework/perspective).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Scriptwriting Formats for various Mass Media applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and compose Media Programming projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Technical Production process for Media.
- Apply classroom instruction and acquired skills through successful completion of a Production Portfolio and/or Field Internship.
- Compile, display and orally support a portfolio of work in a Portfolio course that will compare favorably with students completing a similar program of study in the region.
- Satisfactorily perform business (marketing, promotions and/or public relations), copywriting, graphic design, media or photography skills in an off-campus internship that will compare favorably with students completing a similar program of study in the region.
- Design and produce a Yearbook 2010-2011 (Talisman) that will compare favorably with students completing a similar project nationally.