Marriage and Family Therapy Program Outcomes
￼Mission – Provide a foundation for practice as a licensed Marriage and Family Therapy mental health provider
Philosophy – Present a profession-focused, adult learning environment for ongoing development as an MFT Clinician
Goals – Create a transformative developmental trajectory inclusive of three domains of MFT Professional Competency (interpersonal, theoretical, clinical practice)
- Demonstrate awareness and regulation of self emotion.
- Demonstrate awareness and regulation of self in interaction.
- Demonstrate constructive response to difference.
- Demonstrate the ability to promote therapeutic alliance.
- Demonstrate the ability to use therapeutic influence constructively.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant conceptual knowledge.
- Demonstrate application of relevant conceptual knowledge.
- Demonstrate integration of multiple concept frameworks organized by systematic/relational orientation.
- Initiate and assess treatment need.
- Plan and facilitate research/theory informed intervention.
- Evaluate progress and conclude treatment.
- Utilize supervision and professional collaboration.
- Follow legal, ethical and professional standards.
Download the Educational Outcomes Chart PDF for ￼the Friends University Marriage and Family Therapy program.