2015 Commencement Information
- Graduates check in starts at noon. You will need to stay in line once you check in.
- Doors open to guests at noon.
- INTRUST Bank Arena Requirement: All patrons are subject to search. To make the process of the security searches fast and smooth, please have all items removed from your pockets, and open all jackets and purses. If you have questions, please contact the facility at 316-440-9000.)
Wichita - Pre-ceremony Campus Celebration
Saturday, May 9, 2015 | 10:30 a.m. to noon | Casado Campus Center, Wichita Campus
- Graduates and their guests are invited to enjoy a light continental breakfast of pastries, fruit, juice and coffee.
- Faculty, staff and undergraduate classmates are also invited to celebrate with the graduates.
- Trolleys will run every 15 minutes transporting you to the Commencement ceremony at INTRUST Bank Arena.
- RSVP by Monday, May 4, 2015. Click here to RSVP.
- The ceremony will last approximately 2.5 hours.
- Graduates will remain seated with their classmates for the duration of the ceremony.
- There is no rehearsal or practice.
- Entrance tickets are not required for guests.
- Your prompt arrival for check-in and line-up is appreciated.
- Diplomas are not distributed at Commencement. Diplomas will be ordered and mailed to students when all academic requirements are met, financial obligations are paid, the General Education Assessment Test has been completed (undergraduate students only), and degrees have been verified. All degree requirements must be successfully completed in order to receive a diploma.
- Minimum standards for undergraduate honors recognition include an overall GPA and Friends University GPA of 3.60. Honors candidates will receive red cords at the Commencement ceremonies.
Regalia (cap, gown, tassel and hood) is available for purchase from the University Bookstore. Bring your cap, gown, tassel and hood to the ceremony. Gowns should be pressed. Hoods are for graduate students only.
- Undergraduate regalia is $55 (plus shipping if applicable). Graduate regalia is $107 (plus shipping if applicable).
- Wichita students: Pick up regalia at the Graduation Fair or the University Bookstore.
- Online and outreach students: Contact the University Bookstore to order regalia.
- Topeka and Kansas City students: Contact your center’s office for ordering information.
- Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Bookstore contact phone number: 316-295-5869
Social Media Profile Pics
Show your friends and followers that you're a Friends University graduate by using one of the official Friends University commencement profile pics. Download the graphics below and upload it to your favorite social media site. The graphic will fit most sites, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and more.
GradImages is Friends University's official Commencement photographer. Friends University provides GradImages with your email and mailing addresses. You can also register your contact information (and the contact information of up to six friends and family members) by clicking here. Proofs will be sent to your home and via email within five days of graduation. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone or by mail. GradImages can be contacted at 800-261-2576 or www.gradimages.com.
A professionally produced DVD of the Wichita ceremony is available from Kent Audio Visual for $15 each. Please contact Kent Audio Visual for more information at 316-262-4487, and reference your Friends University graduation ceremony.
Wichita Graduation Fair | Thursday, March 12, 2015 | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. | Casado Campus Center
Wichita Hotel Accommodations
The following hotels offer discounted rates to Friends University students and families. Mention the University’s graduation weekend when calling to book your room.
- Drury Inn, 400 W. Douglas Ave., 316-262-5000
- Hampton Inn, 3800 W. Kellogg Ave., 316-945-4100