Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to live on campus?
No. Friends University does not require students to live on campus.

Can I live in any of the on-campus facilities?
Freshmen and students with fewer than 29 credit hours earned are welcome to live in Green Residence Hall. Students with more than 29 credit hours are eligible to live in the upperclassmen facilities.

Do you allow pets?
No pets are allowed anywhere on campus except for fish.

Do you have any rules I have to abide by when I live on campus?
Residents must abide by federal, state, city and University policies. Unacceptable behavior in Friends University facilities or at any University-sponsored activities includes:

  • The possession or use of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances
  • Use of tobacco in any form (smoking is allowed in designated areas)
  • The possession of indecent literature
  • The use of profane or vulgar language
  • The possession of firearms

What is the visitation policy?
Green Hall’s visitation policy states that individuals are allowed in suites of an opposite gender from 7 a.m. to midnight, Sunday through Thursday. Visitation on Friday and Saturday lasts until 1 a.m. in GRH suites. Members of the opposite sex are not allowed in suites past visitation hours. The lobby on the first floor and the lounge areas on the second floor will remain open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. These areas are for visiting and studying, not sleeping. Cohabitation (living together) and sexual relations between unmarried individuals/couples is not allowed.

The upperclassmen facilities do not have visitation hours. However, unauthorized overnight guests and cohabitation are not allowed.

Can I request to live with someone?
Yes. Roommate/suitemate requests can be made on your housing application. Both individuals wishing to live together must name the other person as a requested roommate. The Office of Community and Residential Development does its best to accommodate all roommate requests, but no promises can be made.

Is furniture provided?

Furniture is only provided in Green Residence Hall (and select furniture in Falcon Glenn). Green Hall suite furniture includes:

  • 6 beds with mattresses
  • 6 dressers
  • 6 bookcases
  • 6 desks
  • 1 three-seat sofa
  • 2 living room chairs
  • 1 end table
  • 1 kitchen table
  • 4 kitchen chairs
  • 1 microwave oven
  • 1 refrigerator

Falcon Glenn furniture includes:

  • 2 beds with mattresses
  • 2 dressers
  • 2 desks
  • 2 desk chairs
  • 1 lounge chair
  • 1 three-seat sofa
  • 1 end table
  • 1 refrigerator
  • 1 mircrowave oven
  • 1 stove/oven

What size sheets do I need to buy?
The beds in Green Hall and Falcon Glenn are twin-sized, extra-long (80-inch) beds.

Do I have to have a meal plan?
Yes. All residents in Green Hall are required to purchase a full meal plan. All those living in any other on-campus facility are required to purchase a smaller meal plan. Click here for more information on meal plans.

Can I move out if I don’t like where I am living?
Residents living on campus are locked into their contract for the full nine months of that contract. Those wishing to break their contracts early must see the Director of Community and Residential Development and go through the appeals process.

What if I do not like my roommate?

Community and Residential Development asks that you live with your roommate for at least two weeks before requesting a move. The staff will work with residents on a case-by-case basis to mediate the situation. Only after participation in the mediation process will a room change be considered if space is available for a room change.

Are cable and Internet charges included in my housing fees?
In Green Hall, the living room and bedroom cable is included in the overall cost of housing. Two Ethernet connections are available in each bedroom as well as a connection in the living room. The Internet, too, is included in the overall housing costs. Cable and Internet connections are also included in all upperclassmen facilities, with the exception of the houses.

How can I protect my personal property?
Students can purchase College Student Property Insurance, through companies such as National Student Services, Inc., to protect their personal property from theft, fire, flood, vandalism, natural disasters and accidental damage.