All graduate programs are unique and individual and, thus, have their own admissions requirements. However, there are some basic admissions requirements and processes that are the same regardless of the program chosen.
General Admission Requirements & Processes
- A signed, completed application and a $35 application fee ($50 international fee).
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- An official transcript from the institution granting the bachelor’s degree. Official transcripts are only valid if sent directly from the college to Friends University. Transcripts sent to you are considered unofficial. Please ask your program representative for help with this process.
- Program director interview and approval to be accepted into the program.
- Program-specific grade point average.
- Letter(s) of recommendation (number required dependent upon specific program).
In addition to the above-stated application materials, the requirements for regular admission to graduate study are as follows:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A grade point average of 2.75 or better as specified by the program.
- No more than nine hours of background deficiencies in the major field of graduate study.
- All specific requirements of the selected program of study.
Tentative admission may be granted for students who:
- Have not submitted all required official transcripts.
- Have not submitted all required references.
Students who have tentative status are not fully admitted and will not be until all conditions for admissions have been met. If admission application requirements are not met by the eighth week of classes, enrollment will not be allowed to continue.
NOTE: Financial aid is not released to students who have tentative admission status. Students without full admission must have a tuition payment plan arrangement on file with Student Account Services.
Students who do not meet the minimum grade point average requirement for regular admission may be admitted on probation when there is reasonable evidence to indicate their ability to do satisfactory graduate work. Students with provisional admission shall be reviewed on their academic progress after the completion of six hours of coursework.