General Admissions Requirements
- A signed, completed application and a $35 application fee ($50 for international student applications).
- A signed, completed transcript request form for all institutions previously attended. Ask your admissions counselor for assistance with this process. If you process your own request for transcripts, please make sure they are sent directly to:
2100 W. University Ave.
Wichita, KS 67213
Official transcripts are only valid if sent directly from the high school or college to Friends University. Transcripts sent to you are considered unofficial.
- Official ACT or SAT scores if entering as a freshman and under the age of 23.If you are an incoming freshman, an ACT Composite Score of 18 or higher and a minimum High School cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is required for full admission. An adjusted scale is used for students submitting SAT scores.
- If you are a transfer student (15 or more college credit hours) or exempt from the ACT requirement, a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above is required for full admission.
Admissions Requirements – Entering Freshmen
- ACT Composite Score of 18 or higher and a minimum High School cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is required for full admission. An adjusted scale is used for students submitting SAT scores.
- Applicants meeting the admissions criteria will be fully admitted to the University.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum criteria are not fully admitted to the University. These applicants have the option to appeal to the Admissions Appeals Committee for conditional admittance.Applicants with an ACT composite score lower than 15 or a cumulative high school GPA lower than 1.5 will be denied admission without right of appeal.
Admissions Requirements – Transfer Students
- Transfer students with fewer than 15 transferable semester credits must submit ACT/SAT scores and official high school transcripts. Consideration for admission will fall under the same standards as entering freshmen.
- Transfer students with 15 or more transferable semester credits and a grade point average of 2.0 or higher are to be fully admitted to Friends University.
Note: Transfer Student Credit: Credit is transferred with the grade earned in the course at the institution where the course was taken. All grades are calculated for a transfer GPA, including courses that might have been deleted from consideration by an “academic fresh start” at the transferring institution. Transfer courses with “D” grades may not be used to meet major or grade-based graduation requirements but will be posted to a student’s transcript.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum academic standards for full admission are not fully admitted to the University.
- These applicants have the option to appeal to the Admissions Appeals Committee for conditional admittance.
- Applicants with an ACT composite score lower than 15 or a cumulative high school GPA lower than 1.5 will be denied admission without the right of appeal.
Admissions Requirements – GED Applicants
- Applicants with GED total standard score of 2250 or higher and ACT composite score of 18 or more will be fully admitted.
- Applicants with test scores lower than 410 in any GED content area and ACT composite score lower than 15 will not be admitted.
Admissions Requirements – International Students