When applying for institutional scholarships, please keep the following information in mind:
- Applying for admission: Students will not be able to receive scholarships until they have applied for admission, paid the application fee, and turned in transcripts and ACT/SAT scores.
- Applying for scholarships: Certain academic scholarships (including the Davis, Dean's, Honors and Tower scholarships) are automatically awarded based on grade point average and/or ACT/SAT scores.
- The Presidential, Alumni, Leadership and Christian Leadership scholarships require a three-step application process:
- Complete the scholarship application. You can download a PDF of the application or pick up an application in the Friends University Admissions Office. Complete all information before turning the application into the Admissions Office.
- Two letters of recommendation need to be submitted to the Admissions Office. The recommendations should provide insight into the leadership qualities you consistently demonstrate, as well as what you can contribute to Friends University.
- Write an essay. Applicants must submit a typed essay of no more than 500 words on the topic "Why I Want to Attend Friends University." The essay should include your academic background; activities in high school, church and the community; your educational plans for college; and how this will prepare you for your life's goals.
- The Presidential Scholarship does not have a scholarship deadline. The deadline for the Alumni, Leadership and Christian Leadership scholarships is Feb. 27.
Return all scholarship information to the following address:
2100 W. University Ave.
Wichita, KS 67213
Download a Scholarship Application