Technology at Friends University is provided by the Office of Online Learning, and Information Technology departments.
Office of Online Learning provides support for Moodle, online learning resources, and technology. Information Technology is divided into three main segments. Help Desk provides technical support for the University. Infrastructure is responsible for managing hardware and network services, classroom technology and computer labs. Administrative Computing oversees the administrative databases.
Information Technology Department’s Mission: To provide fully integrated and secure information technology resources that are accessible anywhere, anytime, to support the business of the University in meeting its institutional mission and goals.
Please reference the following links for Friends University technology resources:
- Self-service Banner (SSB): When you are on a Friends University campus computer or away from campus, access with Banner ID and PIN.
- Moodle: Web-enhanced courses can be accessed with network username and password.
- Email: Access your Friends University email account and view instructions for connecting your email to your smartphone.
- Getting Started with Office 365: Instructions for accessing and initially using Office 365 accounts for students.
- Library: Online library resources. Access with network username and password.
- Password Reset: Reset your password for email, Moodle, and on-campus computer access. You will need to know your current password to register with this self-service tool. Once registered with the tool you will be able to reset your password as often as you need.
- Free Anti-Virus: McAfee Anti-Virus is available free to all students, faculty and staff with a username and password. "Free Anti-Virus"
- Lync: Communicate with staff and faculty members through our campus instant messaging software.
Windows 32-bit Operating System
Windows 64-bit Operating System
- Windows VPN client: For remote access please choose the appropriate download:
Windows 32-bit Operating System.
Windows 64-bit Operating System.
Please click open to run the automatic install and select all the defaults.
You may download installation instructions here.
- Macintosh VPN client: For remote access, it can be downloaded here. Please click open to run the automatic install and select all the defaults. You may download installation instructions here.