Transfer students at Friends University have opportunities that include scholarships; several majors to fit their area of study; and involvement in clubs, organizations, campus ministries, athletics or fine arts.
Transfer Admissions Requirements
- Transfer students with fewer than 15 transferable semester credits must submit ACT/SAT scores and official high school transcripts. Consideration for admissions will fall under the same standards as entering freshmen.
- Transfer students with 15 or more transferable semester credits and a grade point average of 2.0 or higher are to be fully admitted to Friends University.
- Transfer students who have accumulated at least 16 hours but fewer than 58 credit hours with a GPA between 1.6 and 2.0 are to be admitted provisionally.
- Transfer students who have accumulated at least 16 hours but fewer than 58 credit hours with a GPA lower than 1.6 will not be admitted.
- Transfer students who have accumulated 59 hours or more but fewer than 88 credit hours with a GPA between 1.8 and 2.0 are to be admitted provisionally.
- Transfer students who have accumulated 59 hours or more but fewer than 88 credit hours with a GPA lower than 1.8 will not be admitted.
- Transfer students who have accumulated more than 88 credit hours with a GPA lower than 2.0 will not be admitted.
Note: Transfer Student Credit: Credit is transferred with the grade earned in the course at the institution where the course was taken. All grades are calculated for a transfer GPA, including courses that might have been deleted from consideration by an “academic fresh start” at the transferring institution. Students should be aware that credits may be transcripted but not counted toward major or graduation requirements. “D” grades in major courses and certain other courses are not accepted toward graduation.
Transfer Student Application & Admissions Process Requirements
- A signed, completed application and a $35 application fee ($40 for international students).
- A signed, completed transcript request form for all institutions attended. When you process your request for transcripts, please make sure they are sent directly to:
2100 W. University Street
Wichita, KS 67213
Official transcripts are only valid if sent directly from the high school or college to Friends University. Transcripts sent to you are considered unofficial.
- Official ACT or SAT scores if entering as a freshman and under the age of 23.
- Transfer students with 15 or more college credit hours or exempt from the ACT requirement are required to have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above for full admission.