- A graduate of Friends University
- Distinguished accomplishment in business or professional life
- Exceptional service in local, state or national affairs
- Excellent leadership or service in support of the advancement of Friends University
- High standards of integrity and character
- Is living and physically able to attend the awards celebration (no posthumous nominations)
- If possible, the candidate must plan to spend a day on campus, speaking in chapel and be able to accept the award in person at a public presentation program
Friends University will be nominating three distinguished alumni in 2018. The awards will be given for the following categories:
Distinguished Alumni for Outstanding Achievement in R.I.S.E. Values
- alumni whose personal and professional accomplishments are exemplary of the ideals and values of the university, including respect, inclusion, service and excellence
Distinguished Alumni for Outstanding Achievement in the Fine Arts
- distinguished personal and professional career accomplishments and exemplary contributions in the fine arts that bring honor and credit to Friends University
Distinguished Alumni for Outstanding Christian Leadership and Service
- based on the mission of Friends University, this award seeks to honor select graduates who have distinguished themselves with respect for others, demonstrated a spirit of inclusion, a commitment to servant leadership and excellence by giving back to their community
Nominations may be submitted by staff, faculty, alumni and other friends of the university. Supporting material is encouraged to assist the committee with their selection of the award recipient(s). In order to provide the selection committee with sufficient information to make award decisions, it is the responsibility of the nominator to provide complete biographical information as well as a thorough description of the nominee’s award qualifications.
Nominations of alumni that are not selected this year will be retained as eligible for future consideration of the Distinguished Alumni Award by the Office of Alumni Relations.
Please submit Distinguished Alumni Award nomination forms by March 30, 2018 via the form listed below.
The inductee(s) will be chosen at the April Alumni Advisory Council meeting. Recipients of the award will be honored at the Friends University Homecoming on October 5, 2018.
Questions? Please call (316) 295-5810 or email email@example.com.
- President of the University
- VP of University Advancement
- Director of Alumni Relations
- Current Wichita Alumni Advisory Council President
- Two additional representatives from the Alumni Advisory Council