- A graduate of Friends University
- Distinguished accomplishment in business or professional life
- Exceptional service in local, state or national affairs
- Excellent leadership or service in support of the advancement of Friends University
- High standards of integrity and character
- Is living and physically able to attend the awards celebration (no posthumous nominations)
- If possible, the candidate must plan to spend a day on campus, speaking in chapel and be able to accept the award in person at a public presentation program
The Distinguished Alumni Award goes to Friends University alumni whose personal and professional accomplishments are exemplary of the ideals and values of the university, including respect, inclusion, service and excellence. These individuals have not only achieved remarkable things in their careers but have positively impacted those around them, illustrating and promoting the Quaker-Christian values of Friends University. Moreover, not only are these alumni exceptional in their fields, but they have sought to advance Friends University’s future by providing leadership or service.
Nominations may be submitted by staff, faculty, alumni and other friends of the university. Supporting material is encouraged to assist the committee with their selection of the award recipient(s). In order to provide the selection committee with sufficient information to make award decisions, it is the responsibility of the nominator to provide complete biographical information as well as a thorough description of the nominee’s award qualifications.
Nominations of alumni that are not selected this year will be retained as eligible for future consideration of the Distinguished Alumni Award by the Office of Alumni Relations.
Please submit Distinguished Alumni Award nomination forms to one of the following by March 31, 2017:
Alumni Advisory Council,
Attn: Brie Boulanger
2100 W. University Avenue
Wichita, KS 67213
The inductee(s) will be chosen at the May Alumni Advisory Council meeting. Recipients of the award will be honored at the Friends University Homecoming on October 7, 2017.
Questions? Please call (316) 295-5525 or email email@example.com.
- President of the University
- VP of University Advancement
- Director of Alumni Relations
- Current Wichita Alumni Advisory Council President
- Two additional representatives from the Alumni Advisory Council