The Master of Science in Cyber Security (MSCS) is offered in the evenings, on-campus and is designed to prepare leaders like you to be on the front line of defense against hackers determined to do harm. MSCS graduates will display outstanding achievement as highly-skilled, hands-on practitioners of the cutting-edge knowledge needed to serve others in defending the critical information infrastructure of our nation’s businesses, government and military.
Employers will value the skills you learn including working with others, leveraging independent personal experiences and applying teamwork in the real world for preparedness, prevention and protection against cyber vulnerabilities and cyber threats.
As technology leaders, graduates will minimize risk and maximize security in systems, networks, mobile technology, and cloud computing. These actions reflect competence in security practices and policies and are built around a creative, responsible and ethical approach to cyber security.
- Demonstrate outstanding achievement as highly-skilled, hands-on practitioners of the cutting-edge knowledge needed to serve others in defending the critical information infrastructure of our nation’s businesses, government and military.
- Demonstrate proven competence in working with others, connecting unique individual strengths, leveraging independent personal experiences, and applying teamwork in the real-world for preparedness, prevention, and protection against cyber vulnerabilities and cyber threats.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the state-of-the-art core curriculum standards specified by the National Security Agency (NSA) as required to align with the Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE/CD) designation, as defined by the NSA in joint collaboration with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
View the courses required for a degree in Cyber Security.View Course Catalog
A degree in Cyber Security can be used in more ways than you may think. Take a look at some of the potential careers that can result from this area of study.Learn More
We’re here to help. Get in touch with our Career Services team to prepare and plan for your future profession.Get in Touch
Distinctive Features of Friends’ Cyber Security program
- The only CCCU institution offering a master’s degree in Cyber Security
- The only Kansas private institution offering a master’s degree in Cyber Security
- Direct engagement with businesses and organizations through conferences, guest lectures, research and hands-on opportunities