Excellence in Teaching
Friends University will award a Wichita area classroom teacher a 40 percent tuition discount to enroll in the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning beginning June or August 2021. This provides funding and enrichment opportunities to a teacher who demonstrates excellence in teaching and potential as a leader in the field of K-12 education. Teachers from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply in support of our inclusive mission statement.
Congratulations 2021 Fellowship Winner!
Amy Meyer – Vocal director, Cheney Public Schools
Amy will receive a 40 percent tuition discount when she enrolls in the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning degree program. In addition, she will receive higher education teaching experience and represent Friends University in undergraduate events and an information night.
Apply by April 19 to be considered!
Below are some of the experiences involved with the Inclusion Fellowship.
Receive higher education teaching experience
Host an Event
Host an event for undergraduate candidates at the school at which the Fellow is employed
Become an Ambassador
Become a Friends University ambassador by wearing Friendswear when convenient and possible
Assist graduate recruiting team from Friends University with an information event as well as social media initiatives
How To Apply
- Fill out the Inclusion Fellowship application and submit before April 19.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a four-point scale
- Three finalists will be interviewed in person by the selection committee, which will be composed of staff from Friends University and alumnae of the MEd program.
- Students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply supporting our inclusive mission statement.
- April 19 Applications Due
- May 7 Finalists Notified
- May 20 Fellow Announced
- June 7 or August 16 Classes Begin
- May 2022 Graduation
For more information, please reach out to Cicely Karst at email@example.com or 316-295-5872.