Technology at Friends University is provided by the Center for Online Learning and Academic Technology and Information Technology departments. The Center for Online Learning and Academic Technology (formerly Educational Technology) provides support for the computer labs, Moodle and classroom technology. Information Technology is divided into three main segments. Help Desk provides technical support for the University. Infrastructure is responsible for managing hardware and network services. Administrative Computing oversees the administrative databases.
Information Technology Department’s Mission: To provide fully integrated and secure information technology resources that are accessible anywhere, anytime, to support the business of the University in meeting its institutional mission and goals.
Please reference the following links for Friends University technology resources:
- Self-service Banner (SSB): When you are on a Friends University campus computer or away from campus, access with Banner ID and PIN.
- Moodle: Web-enhanced courses can be accessed with network username and password.
- Email: Your Friends email communication.
- Getting Started with Live@edu: Instructions for accessing Live@edu accounts for students.
- Library: Online library resources. Access with network username and password.
- Password Reset: Reset your password for email, Moodle, and on-campus computer access. You will need to know your current password and are required to register to use this tool.
- Free Anti-Virus: McAfee Anti-Virus is available free to all students, faculty and staff with a username and password. "Free Anti-Virus"
- Lync: Communicate with staff and faculty members through our campus instant messaging software.
Windows 32-bit Operating System
Windows 64-bit Operating System
- Windows VPN client: For remote access please choose the appropriate download:
Windows 32-bit Operating System.
Windows 64-bit Operating System.
Please click open to run the automatic install and select all the defaults.
You may download installation instructions here.
- Macintosh VPN client: For remote access, it can be downloaded here. Please click open to run the automatic install and select all the defaults. You may download installation instructions here.