The health and physical education (non-licensure) program at Friends University is a non-teaching degree.
The coursework is designed to prepare students to enter the field of fitness programming in the business world.
The offerings of health and physical education fall into two areas:
- Activity courses for all students and intercollegiate sports
- Professional courses for those preparing to teach health and physical education
- Possess scientific knowledge in the areas of kinesiology, biomechanics, exercise physiology and laboratory data collection. To be considered proficient, the student must score 70 percent or higher on the Summative Kinesiology, Biomechanics & Exerciser Physiology Knowledge Assessment.
- Develop a plan and then teach a team sport. To be considered proficient, the student must score 70 percent or higher on the Unit Presentation Rubric.
- Possess the knowledge and skills that will enable you to successfully complete an off-campus internship. To be considered successfully completed, the student must score 70 percent or higher on the Health and Physical Education Agency Supervisor’s Final Evaluation form.
Potential Areas of Employment
- Personal trainer
- Health and fitness club management
- Recreational facility management
- Recreational coaching