Through the Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security you will be immersed in learning that challenges you through practical application of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. In the end, you will be prepared to enter a career working alongside information technology and security professionals, as life-long learners, pursuing excellence in an ever-changing technology landscape.
As a student of our Bachelor’s in Cyber Security degree program, you will learn how the cyberspace environment functions at each layer of operations; from the physical equipment that is used to control data, at rest and in motion, to modern operating systems use and manipulation. You will be exposed to virtualization technologies, network architectures and networking, information security and cryptography as well as the laws, policy and regulations that govern cyberspace. You will be challenged to understand how malicious actors in cyberspace take advantage of people, systems, applications and various technologies in order to stop them in their tracks.
Graduates of the Cyber Security program can expect to be extremely competitive in the job market as demand for cyber professionals is at an all-time high and is expected to continue to grow at a rate of approximately 18% or more through 2024 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor). According to the (ISC) 2015 Global Information Security Workforce Study, there will be a predicted global shortfall of 1.5 million cyber security professionals worldwide by 2020.
Additional information about job opportunities and career paths for Cyber Security professionals can be found at http://cyberseek.org/pathway.html.
Distinctive Features of Friends’ Cyber Security program
- The only Kansas private institution offering a Bachelor of Science degree in Cyber Security
- Students may complete up to 18 concurrent hours in the Master of Science in Cyber Security program while working on their undergraduate degree
- Focus is on practical application experiences rather than focusing solely on theoretical exposure to concepts
- State of the industry cyber security training range and virtual laboratory designed to provide a learning environment that stimulates real-time threats and practical network defense capabilities
Read more about Friends University’s Cyber Security program at KMUW:
Friends University Lab Prepares Cybersecurity Students For Ever-Evolving Threat Landscape
It is recommended students in the Cyber Security Program have a personal computer with the following minimum capabilities (Higher capability is recommended):
- A quad-core processor operating at ~2 GHz (Intel core i5 or better)
- 64 bit OS compatible with/capable of hosting VMware Workstation Player
- 8 Gb of RAM
- 500 Gb of HDD or SDD disk space
- USB 3.x capable
- Running Windows 7 or Newer
4-Year Career Plan
The path to your future career starts long before graduation. Learn what steps you need to take along the way to put you a step ahead.Read More
We’re here to help. Get in touch with our Career Services team to prepare and plan for your future profession.Get in Touch