Mission: Who We Are
Friends University, a Christian University of Quaker heritage, equips students to honor God and serve others by integrating their intellectual, spiritual and professional lives.
Mission, Values & Strategic Plan
Friends University will provide excellent learning experiences, nationally recognized programs, and a focus on transformative education that places a special value on each person, cultivating a new generation of Christ-like leaders.
Core values are ideals shared by the Friends community, influencing our behaviors and attitudes:
Integrity, civility in our words and actions, regard for others.
A spirit of cooperation and equality.
A commitment to servant leadership, caring for each other and our community.
Giving our best to our students at all times (student focused), that we may walk truly in the light of our faith (honor God).
What We Believe
As a Christian University of Quaker heritage, the University looks to the life and ministry of Jesus Christ as a model and example of conduct for members of our community. We believe that we are called to “live as Jesus did” (1 John 2:6), “follow God’s example,” (Eph. 5:1-2), and as His friends, love one another in the name of Jesus (John 15:12-17).
While the University community includes persons of various faiths, the University holds to the following core Christian beliefs:
- The Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God.
- Human beings were created by God, in His likeness and image, and thus have inherent dignity.
- This is God’s world and we are stewards of His resources.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death on the cross as the only sacrifice sufficient for our salvation, in His bodily resurrection, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.