Friends University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. Friends University has been accredited from 1915-27; 1928-39; and 1951-present. Friends University received reaffirmation of accreditation in 2018-2019 and participates in the Higher Learning Commission’s Open Pathway for Accreditation. In addition, the 2018 Friends University Systems portfolio can be viewed online in PDF format.
For more information contact Academic Affairs 316-295-5881.
Additionally, several of Friends University’s programs are accredited by specific accrediting bodies:
- Friends University’s Carnegie classification is Master’s L.
- The Friends University Department of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190, (703-437-0700). The requirements for entrance and for graduation are in accordance with the published regulations of the National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Teacher Education program at Friends University is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. This accreditation includes the undergraduate and graduate levels of professional education programs offered at the institution. CAEP accreditation information can be viewed on the CAEP outcomes page. In addition, the education programs at Friends University are approved by the Kansas State Department of Education, 120 S.E. 10th Ave., Topeka, KS 66612, (785-296-4073).
- The Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy at Friends University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), 112 S. Alfred St., Alexandria, VA 22314, (703-838-9808), firstname.lastname@example.org. View COAMFTE Student Achievement Criteria
- The Business division at Friends University is accredited by the Board of Commissioners of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Nondiscriminatory/Equal Opportunity Policy
Friends University does not discriminate against academically qualified students on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding this policy: EEOC/Title IX Coordinator, Friends University, 2100 W. University Ave., Wichita, KS 67213, (316) 295-5000.