This checklist should guide you through the application process. Please call the Office of Admissions and ask to speak with an admission counselor if you have any questions.
Temporary Admissions Policy Change
Due to ACT testing being suspended a temporary adjustment has been made to the undergraduate admission policy:
Students with a HS GPA of 2.75 or higher will be fully admitted with final transcripts from the high school (no ACT needed)
- Students do not need to take the ACT/SAT
- Students will be fully admitted (they will not be admitted on probation)
Students with a HS GPA below 2.75 may:
- Submit an admission appeal to be reviewed by the appeals committee. The student submits an appeal letter to their Admission Counselor to begin appeal process.
- Choose to take the ACT/SAT and follow the admissions policy in the academic catalog.
Academic Scholarships will be awarded for students who are test optional. For questions, please contact Financial Aid.
Friends University does use standardized tests, such as the ACT test, to place incoming students in math and English courses. Students admitted without a test score may be asked to complete a placement test to determine course scheduling.
To apply for admission:
- Complete your admission application
- Have official transcript(s) mailed from your school to our admission office. This includes all course work taken for dual credit. Transcripts from the college or university awarding credit will be required. Transcripts must be sent directly from the school and bear the school’s stamp.
- Have your ACT and/or SAT scores sent to our Admissions office
International Students ONLY: Students who are not US Citizens or legal resident aliens will need to visit our international student admissions page.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- Go to fafsa.ed.gov to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Enter Friends University School Code = 001918
- Priority Deadline = March 15
- Utilize our Net Price Calculator to estimate your financial aid eligibility.
- Contact our Financial Aid Office at 1-800-794-6945 or 316-295-5200 for more information.
After you’ve been admitted:
- Pay the $100 enrollment deposit — your deposit will be applied to your first semester’s expenses. Your deposit is refundable until June 1 if requested in writing. You can pay your deposit one of three ways:
- Pay online using a credit or debit card
- Mail your payment to the address below
- Call our Cashier’s Office at 316-295-5865 to make your payment using a credit or debit card.
- Register for an Enrollment Day.
- Complete the Campus Housing Application. You’ll receive your housing contract and required medical history forms before you arrive on campus.
- Register for new student orientation.
- Purchase your course materials.
- Friends University Bookstore helps you save big with Text Rental and Price Match.
- All international students, and students in athletics, ballet and music performance are required to have health insurance. If the student currently has insurance, they need to go to the website www.studentcenter.uhcsr.com/friends and apply for a waiver.All insurance EXCEPT out of state Medicaid is accepted. The cost for the spring semester is $724. The cost for the spring/summer semesters is $1010.Call Kim White at 316-295-5685 if you have questions.All other Undergraduate and Graduate students taking six or more credit hours may enroll for health insurance and pay through a voluntary enrollment link.
Send information by mail to:
2100 W. University Ave.
Wichita, KS 67213