The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) helps you receive college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Developed by the College Board, CLEP is the most widely accepted credit-by-examination program, available at more than 2,900 colleges and universities. There are 33 CLEP exams available to help achieve your college and career goals.
Getting Started with CLEP
Step 1: Review How the CLEP Program Works.
Step 2: Review your institutions CLEP credit policy.
Step 3: Decide which exam(s) to take. Read the exam descriptions of all 33 exams to find the right one for you. Then get more details and try sample exam questions.
**Friends University students must follow up with your faculty advisor or program director prior to testing to verify if the exam(s) you are planning to take will meet course requirements for your degree program. Faculty approval will be required for any CLEP course substitutions.
Step 4: Register to take an exam and pay the $89.00 exam fee. You can create and manage your personal account through the My Account registration portal. The registration platform will allow you to register for a CLEP exam 24/7, manage your personal information any time prior to taking the exam, search for test centers, select your score recipient institution, and purchase study materials. Please note: Exams and e-guides are refundable for up to seven days from the date of purchase. Study guides are refundable for up to 30 days from the date of purchase. The complete refund policy is clearly listed in My Account. Once you register, make sure to print your registration ticket to present to the test center on test day.
Step 5: Schedule your test day with the University’s testing administrator. Contact Daryle Christensen at 316-295-5204, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC).
Step 6: Pay the $30.00 CLEP testing administration fee at https://www.friends.edu/pay-online/. Under the E-market, select CLEP testing fee.
Step 7: Prepare for your exam(s). Several study materials and resources are available to help you prepare for your CLEP exam(s). Access CLEP Exam Guides, The Official CLEP Study Guide and other study resources.
Test Center General Information and Procedures
- All candidates must have an appointment prior to arriving at the test center.
- Valid government-issued photo ID with signature is required; it is the candidate’s responsibility to verify any additional ID requirements by contacting the test center before test day.
- Proctoring administrative fees and any other fees must be paid prior to your scheduled testing appointment.
- Cell phones and other electronics must be turned off and are not permitted in the testing room.
- Food, candy, gum and beverages are not permitted in the testing room.
- All exams must be completed by closing time.
- Storage is available to store your personal belongings.
- Special Testing Accommodations: Friends University makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request and according to the test centers requirements with valid official documentation submitted one week prior to test day (recommended).
- The Test Center follows the weather and other closings and delays of Friends University. A closing or delay announcement will be reported on the University’s home page, www.friends.edu.