Looking to get a jump start on college?
Friends University provides high school students the opportunity to earn college credit with our dual credit program. Tuition paid toward Friends University dual credit enrollment can now be applied to your first semester classes at Friends, up to $1,000.
- The student must be approved by their school counselor.
- The student must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- A minimum grade of “C” must be earned in the 1st half (or semester) of a year-long course in order for credit to be awarded.
- Letter grades submitted by the high school instructor of A, B, C, D or F will be posted to the student’s Friends University academic record.
- Student must be a High School Sophomore, Junior, or Senior to enroll in dual credit.
- Please note: Some high schools may have varying requirements for enrollment
- Complete the application
- Only list the course(s) that you are taking for dual credit. (courses are listed in application form in link above)
- Return this application to your dual credit instructor.
- After we receive your application it will be processed and you will receive a confirmation email. Please verify that your parents have permission to receive information. All correspondence from this point on will be through your friends.edu student email account. If you have any trouble with your student email account, contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com or 316-295-5767.
- Students will receive payment passwords (from the Friends Help Desk) by email if you would like to process your payment online.
- After we have processed the enrollment forms, we email payment instructions directly to the students. Dual credit students are granted access to our online portal. They can make payments through that portal, call the cashier to make payments over the phone or mail their payments.
- Payments are due at the time of registration.
- Online payments through self-service banner are preferred
- You may call the cashier 316-295-5865
- You may mail a payment to 2100 W. University Ave, Wichita, KS 67213- Attention Cashier
- Waiver request: Friends University has a tuition waiver request process for dual credit students. Requests can be made but must be approved before they are granted. Complete and return the dual credit tuition waiver request form and return before the payment deadline.