The wonderful students, faculty and staff who comprise our campus community have helped Friends University earn several awards and accolades, including the following:
2019 – 2020 College of Distinction, College of Christian Distinction and College of Kansas Distinction
A College of Distinction is:
- Nationally recognized by education professionals as an excellent school.
- Strongly focused on teaching undergraduates.
- Home to a wide variety of innovative learning experiences.
- An active campus with many opportunities for personal development.
- Highly valued by graduate schools and employers for its outstanding preparation.
The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) is a higher education association of 180 Christian institutions around the world. The 120 member campuses in North America are all fully accredited, comprehensive colleges and universities with curricula rooted in the arts and sciences.
The John N. Gardner Institute is a national leader in efforts to improve undergraduate learning and retention at institutional, regional and national levels. It assists institutions in creating campus-wide collaborative policies, processes and programs that enhance the experience of first-year and transfer students. These enhancements help ensure students’ success in their academic and co-curricular pursuits. Friends University is among the four-year universities to participate in the Foundations of Excellence program.