This $3,000/year scholarship is renewable annually for eligible students based on fulfillment of scholarship requirements.
Requirements of the ARC scholarship: Students receiving the scholarship do not need formal tutoring experience. All recipients will participate in ongoing tutor training to develop skills in tutoring and provide peer tutoring in the Academic Resource Center. Recipients will work an average of 10 hours per week.
- Scholarship applications are available for new students only.
- Requirements to apply for the scholarship: A 3.5+ HS cumulative GPA for incoming college freshmen or 3.5+ college level cumulative GPA for incoming transfer students. Incoming Freshmen who submit ACT Composite and section scores, SAT scores, or who are admitted as test optional will all be considered. The 3.5+ GPA required for transfer students is with a minimum of 24 college credits.
The process will be selective and will include a brief essay and an interview with the ARC Director, who must approve each tutor.
New students enrolling in spring may apply if space is available.
The scholarship is renewable based on the following criteria:
- The recipient fulfills ARC work obligations for the previous semester/year
- The recipient maintains a college cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The recipient remains in good social and behavior standing across campus