The Friends University Honors Program engages the broad intellectual and social competencies cultivated in the liberal arts tradition and promotes the value of excellence by involving students and professors in academically rigorous and diverse conversations about ideas and the world.
The Honors Program is a community of highly motivated and academically adventurous students and faculty members dedicated to working together to attain new levels of achievement. This is an innovative program of study guided by faculty members working closely with students at each stage of the curriculum. Students and professors in this program commit to pursuing academic excellence, interdisciplinary inquiry, and personal and social awareness and responsibility.
The Honors Program is designed to develop in our students the ability to:
- Apply critical and creative thinking
- Conduct high quality research and creative work
- Integrate a variety of disciplines in their approach to a given project
- Demonstrate civic and intercultural knowledge and engagement
- Reflect critically upon their values and the learning process
- One of the goals of the Honors program is to partner with other departments and programs in pursuit of new opportunities to enhance and enrich intellectual life at Friends University. Such activities might include: regional and national conferences, study abroad, community service, internships, undergraduate research, and other types of experiential education.
Students who enroll in Honors should expect a challenge that stimulates curiosity and research while broadening perspectives in unexpected ways.
Dr. Russell Fox, Director of Honors Program
College of Business, Arts, Sciences and Education
Davis Hall, Room 313
2100 W. University Ave.
Wichita, KS 67213