NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2019
Priority Deadline for Fall 2019 is Dec. 10, 2018.
Final deadline for Fall 2019 is March 29, 2019.
The Latino Leaders Program is a mentorship and leadership program that gives high-performing Hispanic students the opportunity to excel at Friends University and beyond.
As a Latino Leader, you will enjoy the following benefits throughout your university experience:
- $2,000 scholarship* as well as other scholarships for which you may qualify (see below)
- Strong support system including peer, academic and professional mentor as well as leadership development and training
- Assistance with job placement on campus
- Membership in the Hispanic American Leadership Organization (HALO)
- Summer Immersion where you and the other Latino Leaders will spend a few days and nights on campus to get to know each other, the university and your support system of mentors. You will also participate in leadership seminars
To qualify for the Latino Leaders Program, you must:
- Be of Hispanic descent
- Have at least a 3.4 GPA in high school
- Have at least an 18 ACT score
- Be an incoming freshman for the 2019-20 academic year
To apply to the Latino Leaders Program, you must:
- Apply to Friends University at friends.edu/apply
- Once accepted, you must apply by March 29, 2019 to the Latino Leaders program by filling out this application form. Priority deadline is Dec. 10, 2018.
- Finalists will be selected for an in-person interview, and will be notified if they are chosen for the 2019-20 academic year.
Additional Funding For Which You May Be Eligible:
|Scholarship||Annual Amount||How to Apply||Source||Deadline|
|Latino Leaders Scholarship||$2,000||View instructions above for how to apply.||Friends University||March 30th, 2019|
|Academic||Up to $12,000||This will be awarded by the Financial Aid Department to you when you apply to Friends University||Friends University||March 30th, 2019|
|Pell Grant||Up to $6,095||Fill out the FAFSA and you may qualify for this grant based on your financial need. For more information about this and other government funding available to you, click here.||Federal Government||April 1st, 2019|
|Kansas Comprehensive Grant||Up to $3,250||Fill out the FAFSA and you may qualify for this grant based on your financial need. For more information about this and other state funding available to you, click here. More information can be found here||State of Kansas||April 1st, 2019|
|Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship||Up to $1,859||Fill out the FAFSA,|
State of Kansas Student Aid Application
and the Minority Scholarship Information
Form and you may qualify for this funding. Click here for more information.
|State of Kansas||May 1st, 2019|
|Kansas Hispanic Scholarship||$500-2500||khedf.org||Kansas Hispanic Education & Development Foundation||January 15, 2019|
|On-Campus Job||Up to $7,000||We will help you find a part-time job on campus (up to 25 hours per week). Browse jobs by clicking here.||Friends University||on-going|
|Additional Institutional Scholarships||widely varies||Alumni Scholarship, Legacy Scholarship, Athletic Scholarship, Fine Arts, Church Match Scholarship and more can be found here.||Friends University||various deadlines depending on which scholarship|
|Additional outside scholarships||widely varies||For more information about additional outside scholarships, click here.||widely varies||various deadlines depending on which scholarship|
If Latino Leader applicants fill out the FAFSA**, and apply for additional scholarships, you could qualify for over $30,000 annually that could go toward your tuition (currently $27,150/year), books and living expenses!
*students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 annually to receive the Latino Leaders scholarship each year and many other scholarships as well
**you only need to fill out the FAFSA once each year to be eligible for federal and state scholarships
For more information email email@example.com.