Below is some helpful information for faculty, staff and guests who plan to attend commencement. Click on one of these to jump directly to the information:
Fill out the intent to graduate application
Family and friends are encouraged to attend the ceremony to show support and congratulate your graduate as they walk across the stage. At this time, we do not require tickets to attend the event. There is open arena seating for all guests.
- LivestreamFriends University will livestream and record the commencement ceremony. More details will be listed here closer to the ceremony.
- Personal ItemsDo not bring personal valuables as there is no way to secure them. INTRUST Bank Arena Security and Clear Bag Policy are Enforced. All participants and attendees need to be prepared for a security search (metal detectors) upon entrance and only clear bags are permitted in the venue. For more information on the Clear Bag Policy, please visit https://www.intrustbankarena.com/plan-your-visit/policies-code-of-conduct.
Faculty are expected to participate in the commencement ceremony to show support and encouragement to those who are graduating. Faculty will sit in reserved seating located on the arena floor.
Faculty and staff will process and sit in reserved seating located on the arena floor.
- Day of CommencementFaculty participants need to check-in by 1:30 p.m. in room 1.24.03 on the West side of INTRUST Bank Arena – Lower Level. Faculty who are participating in the ceremony must wear regalia. A staff member will assist with regalia and chronological order for the processional and recessional.
- ParkingFaculty and staff participating in the processional and recessional are asked to park in the city lots around the arena.
Staff members can show their support to the graduates by volunteering at the ceremony and/or Celebration on Campus. Volunteers are needed to help check-in graduates, coordinate and organize the graduate lineup, help at the photo area for GradImages, and direct attendee through the arena.
- Day of CommencementVolunteers need to check-in at the tables located on the lower level east side by 12:30 p.m. Wear comfortable shoes as there may be a lot of walking depending on the assignment.
- ParkingVolunteer parking is reserved in Lot 1. Security will have a list of names, but a parking pass will be provided before the day of Commencement.