J.R and Gertrude Smith Apartments
Friends University’s newest student-housing facility houses 80 upperclassmen (28 credit hours or more) in an apartment-style atmosphere. The three-story brick building offers studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom options, along with laundry facilities on each floor, adjacent parking and the support of two residence life assistants and a live-in para- professional staff member.
- Studio apartment $3,214 per semester/person
- One-bedroom apartment $3,657 per semester/person
- Two-bedroom apartment $3,064 per semester/person
All resident students are required to purchase a meal plan for dining on campus. Get more information about meal plans.
Smith Apartments has furnished bedroom, with unfurnished living areas. The apartments are carpeted and have blinds on all windows. In addition, water, trash, electricity, gas, and wireless Internet are provided by the University.
- 3 studio apartments
- 13 one-bedroom apartments
- 31 two-bedroom apartments
- One bathroom, kitchen, and living area (Studio apartments have no separate living area)
- Stove/oven, microwave, refrigerator
- Centrally located mailboxes by main lobby
- Washers and dryers on each floor
- Furnishings include (per bedroom): 1 twin-size extra long bed, 1 desk and desk chair, 1 dresser
- Parking close to the residence
- 24 hour security and escorting available
Roommates are first assigned based on requests from the residents. If a resident has no preference, Residence Life will assign roommates based on factors of roommate compatibility. However, the responsibility of finding a roommate ultimately resides with the student seeking housing.
Residence Life has a maximum and minimum number of occupants allowed in each apartment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Furnishings and Decor
You may decorate your room in any way you like as long as your decorations conform to Community Life Standards and housing guidelines and do not damage any part of the apartment. Nails or anything else that may damage the walls are not allowed.
644 S. Hiram
Suite or Box #
Wichita, KS 67213