Friends University will award a teacher from USD 259 a 40 percent tuition discount to enroll in the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning beginning June, 2020. This provides funding and enrichment opportunities to a USD 259 teacher who demonstrates excellence in teaching and potential as a leader in the field of K-12 education.
- Receive higher education teaching experience
- Host an event for undergraduate candidates at the school at which the USD 259 Fellow is employed
- Assist graduate recruiting team from Friends University with an information night event
- Apply to Friends and be admitted to the Friends University Master of Education program. Enter the application fee waiver code ‘Fellowship’ to waive application fee.
- Fill out the USD 259 Fellowship application, including RISE essay.
Requirements & More Info
- Submit an essay that discusses how your teaching career demonstrates Friends University’s RISE Values (Respect, Inclusion, Service and Excellence) – done during the USD 259 Fellowship application.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a four-point scale
- Three finalists will be interviewed in person by the selection committee, which will be composed of staff from USD 259 and Friends University
For more information, please reach out to Cicely Karst at email@example.com or 316-295-5872.
- March 9 Applications Due
- March 31 Finalists Notified
- May 1 USD 259 Fellow Announced
- June 1 Classes Begin
- May 2021 Graduation