Earn Your Master’s or Doctorate at Friends
Start your future at Friends.
All graduate programs are unique, thus all have their own admission requirements. However, there are some general requirements and processes that are the same regardless of the program chosen.
General Admission Requirements & Processes
- Complete and sign an application for admission.
- Submit the $50 application fee to the Office of Admissions.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Submit an official transcript from the institution granting the bachelor’s degree. Official transcripts are only valid if sent directly from the college to Friends University. Transcripts sent to you are considered unofficial. Please ask your program representative for help with this process.
- Participate in a program director interview and receive approval to be accepted into the program. (program director interviews not required for all programs)
- Have maintained a grade point average of 2.75 or better as specified by the program.
- Submit a letter(s) of recommendation (the number required dependent upon specific program).
- Have accumulated no more than nine hours of background deficiencies in the major field of graduate study.
Students who do not meet the minimum grade point average requirement for regular admission may be admitted on probation when there is reasonable evidence to indicate their ability to do satisfactory graduate work. Students with provisional admission shall be reviewed on their academic progress after the completion of six hours of coursework.
Requirements for International Applicants
As an international student, there are a few more requirements for admission, but we’ll walk you through them step by step. Get all the information you need to be admitted to Friends University as an international student.