A solid foundation in health science
Studying health sciences at Friends University equips you with the solid foundation necessary to conduct medical research or continue your academic success in one of the health professions.
Start your future in health science.
Earn Your Degree in Health Science
Regardless of whether you plan to go directly into the workforce or continue on to higher education in graduate school, our health science program is committed to providing you with a path forward.
The health sciences program also provides you with an opportunity for service, leadership and global exposure through a service-abroad experience. After completing a course that introduces the basic language skills and cultural sensitivities that will need to be honored, you will travel to another country for two weeks and work in a service capacity.
Tailored for Graduate School
The Friends University health sciences degree is tailored to help you optimize your chance of being granted admission into your graduate program of choice. We’ve seen the experiences in this program change students in ways that become apparent in their personal statements and answers during interviews.
Knowledgeable advisers ensure you stay on track while rigorous and relevant courses are offered to help you prepare for admission tests. A Health Sciences Committee is available to help you practice interviewing, and provide feedback and letters of recommendation.
3+3 Chiropractic Program
Get your Doctor of Chiropractic through Friends University and Logan University with the 3+3 Chiropractic Program.
Rise to the Top
These experiences to show graduate program admissions committees your unique strengths and help you move to the top of the application pool.
Helpful career guidance
Optimized for Graduate School
The Friends University health sciences degree is tailored to help you optimize your chance of being granted admission into your graduate program of choice. A high percent of students who graduate with this degree apply for admission into a graduate program. Of those who apply, a large percent are accepted into their programs of choice.
Many students in the health sciences program pursue graduate programs or professional schools such as:
- Medical school
- Veterinary school
- Optometry school
- Pharmacy school
- Physical therapy school
- Physician assistant school
- Dental school
- Chiropractic school
- Graduate programs in both medical and basic science research
3+3 Articulation Agreement with Logan University
The 3+3 Doctor of Chiropractic Program with Logan University allows you to complete the three years of required undergraduate studies in the Pre-Chiropractic Program at Friends University and complete the fourth year of your undergraduate studies while enrolled in Logan University’s Doctor of Chiropractic program. At the end of your first year of study at Logan, you will be awarded your bachelor’s degree from Friends University. This agreement shortens the time to achieve both a bachelor’s and Doctor of Chiropractic degree by one year.
For more information, please contact Prince Agbedanu at email@example.com or 1-800-794-6945, ext. 5405.
- Possess knowledge of cellular structures and processes.
- Possess knowledge of Mendelian and molecular genetics.
- Possess knowledge of metabolic pathways and factors that can influence them.
- Possess knowledge of the structure, function and complexity of living organisms.
- Understand the role of homeostasis in the maintenance of life.
- Possess knowledge of scientific method and scientific experimentation.
- Have an appreciation of the interplay between an organism and its environment.
- Have a basic understanding of the theory of evolution.
Health Sciences Newsletter
Learn more about what’s going on in the world of Health Science in the Health Sciences Newsletter.
- Assistant Professor of Biology; Director of Human Biology & Health Science Program
- Natural Science and Mathematics
- B.S., Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology; M.S., Norwegian University of Science and Technology; Ph.D., Iowa State University
- Assistant Professor of Biology
- Natural Science and Mathematics
- B.S., Culver-Stockton College; Ph.D., Missouri University