Friends University’s bachelor of business administration degree prepares you for a successful career in a variety of different business activities using a unique blend of cross-disciplinary business courses. The business management program includes accounting, finance, management, marketing and information systems. This degree program also offers concentrations in:
- General Business – This concentration advances levels of understanding through courses in organizational theory, strategic management, international business and project management. The professional core and advanced courses develop a strong business foundation for the diverse environment of the business world.
- Health Care Management – Emphasis is placed on the management side of the industry with courses in medical terminology, health services, regulatory and legal issues, and health systems. The concentration provides a broad educational background for those working or wanting to work in the health care field.
- Operations Management – This area is concerned with the designing, planning, controlling and coordinating of business processes, functions, and systems. Through advanced study in systems planning, lean manufacturing, logistics and statistical process control, the concentration prepares students for career opportunities in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, transportation and distribution among others.
I’m not surprised that Friends University is called one of the best colleges in the nation for adult learners. It’s a great university surrounded with good people who really want you to get to your final goals. Whatever you want to achieve in life, they’ll help you get there.Byron McSwain, Business Management
The business management program places emphasis on developing efficient and effective means of knowledge management as well as problem solving and critical-thinking skills across a range of business functions, roles, and industries.
Students advance through the program and selected concentration with other adults in a highly supportive learning environment. You will also have access to Friends’ extensive resources, including library and academic support services.
- Enjoy interactive and collaborative classroom environments with passionate, accessible faculty with business world expertise.
- Choose a concentration in general business, health care management or operations management.
- Apply the knowledge you learn in the classroom to the real world through a practicum or internship.
- Network and get connected through Friends University’s annual career fair.
Adult undergraduate bachelor’s degrees are offered in Wichita, Topeka and online. Not all courses and programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please contact an Admissions Counselor at 316-295-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Demonstrate knowledge of managerial concepts and quantitative controls in the business environment by satisfactorily completing specific course work.
- Locate information sources applicable to meet the requirements within the major as well as select appropriate technologies to analyze and interpret data.
- Use written and oral communication guidelines based upon APA style and accepted business practices to clearly express ideas, concepts, and demonstrate the ability to apply in the appropriate business setting.
- Identify business opportunities/problems, develop alternative solutions, formulate plans to implement and evaluate solutions.