Prepared for anything.
The Bachelors of General Studies (BGS) degree is developed for you to design and accomplish! It is available for adult learners who desire to understand a wide-range of interesting subjects that fit into an existing career or propel the BGS graduate into the next career.
Start your future.
Complete your degree today
This degree is particularly appropriate if you started a program and then switched to another program and still want to complete a degree.
Well Rounded Skill Set
This degree is particularly appropriate if you started a program and then switched to another program and still want to complete a degree. In pursuing this program, you will demonstrate your commitment to obtain a well-rounded set of professional skills, knowledge and expertise.
The BGS program is very flexible in its design for transferring academic work from general education, electives and courses from one or more majors into a bachelor’s degree. You may transfer up to 69 credit hours from two-year colleges and an additional 25 hours of four-year college credit for a total of 94 transferable credit hours. Military personnel are eligible to transfer up to 60 units of ACE-approved credit and credit-by-exam.
Helpful career guidance
- Establish foundational and advanced skills in critical thinking and communication.
- Comprehend, analyze and think through ideas across multiple disciplines.
- Assess a problem, use problem-solving strategies to address it, and determine solutions and action plans.
- Express a comprehensive worldview within one or more academic areas.
- Demonstrate ethical behaviors, meet the needs of others within an organization, and further professional responsibility with others in professions as well as society.
- College of Adult and Professional Studies General Education (43 hours)
- Upper division courses (42 hrs. distributed throughout Major/Supporting/Gen Ed/Free Electives categories) At least 6 hrs. must be 400-level or higher. (48 hours)
- Other credits (33 hours)
Total Hours University Graduation Requirement: 124 hours
- Assistant Professor of Marketing; Assistant Chair, Division of Business Information and Technology: Outreach
- M.B.A., Webster University