To complete your master’s degree, the graduate school offers seven concentrations. You can select one of the concentrations as a package or pick up courses (15 credit hours) from each of them to comply with a degree completion requirement of 31-37 credit hours.
- Friends University offers an Accounting concentration as part of the Professional MBA and Global MBA programs. These professional degrees have a concentration in accounting designed to prepare students for leadership positions in business. The purpose of this Professional MBA or Global MBA in Accounting concentration is to develop your skills in the functional areas of for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, while accommodating students wishing to continue accounting degrees in Kansas beyond the bachelor’s degree level. Students who have taken all courses required by the Kansas State Board of Accountancy (KSBOA) successfully accomplishing 150 or more credits are qualified to sit for the CPA exam. Additionally, students who have at least two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management can also sit for the Certified Management Accounting (CMA) exam. Friends MBA in Accounting is ranked #17 on the list of Top 50 Online MBA Programs in Accounting by OnlineMBAToday.com and #22 in the list of top online master’s in accounting programs by TheBestColleges.org. This is definitely a program you will want to check out! It is also ranked #16 on the list of the 2018 Most Affordable Online Colleges for a Master’s in Accounting by OnlineU.org, #11 on the list of the 2018 Top Online Master’s in Accounting Programs by GuideToOnlineSchools.com and #26 on the list of 2018 Top Master’s in Accounting Programs by BestValueSchools.org.
- We are excited to announce a new Change Management concentration as part of the Professional MBA and Global MBA programs. The concentration brings like-minded students together through a series of four courses to possess the expertise to implement and manage strategic change. The interdisciplinary curriculum develops your capacity to create transition strategies and to manage for-profit and not-for-profit organizations using a variety of organization development tools and techniques designed for today’s complex national and international business environments, respective to the MBA program selected.
- Cyber Security threats are real and happening every day. Adding the Cyber Security concentration to your MBA program will set you apart in the job market and provide you with the tools to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities in your work environment. You will be introduced to the fundamentals of cyber security and learn important legal and ethical matters with practical application for written cyber security policies within organizations. You will gain an effective working knowledge in security risk analysis and the risk management framework.
- The Finance concentration will enable you to combine your broad MBA education with specialized skills necessary to compete regionally and beyond. You will explore ethics in finance and public policy, evaluate an organization’s overall financial health, work with financial instruments and tools to construct and manage a global portfolio and assess risk associated with investing in international markets.
- We are excited to announce a new concentration in Health Care Leadership as part of the Professional MBA and Global MBA programs. This concentration brings like-minded students together through a series of four courses to better prepare you for a professional administrator role. This advanced program is designed to help you develop the management and finance knowledge that builds on your existing background to develop knowledge and skills you can apply immediately to create innovative solutions and to adapt and lead in ever-changing national and global health care systems. Plus, the Friends online Master of Business Administration with a Health Care Leadership concentration ranks No. 27 in the nation as assessed by onlinembatoday.com. It’s the only Kansas program listed in the top 50!
- If you want to better manage the complexity of today’s ever changing workforce, the MBA with a concentration in Human Resources is for you. Learn to analyze HR situations in the workplace through a generalist approach providing a well-rounded understanding of the strategic impact of human resource management. This concentration prepares students for organizational decision making with talent recruitment, personnel management, productivity, compensation and compliance.
- We are excited to announce a new concentration in Supply Chain Management and Logistics as part of the Professional MBA and Global MBA programs. The concentration brings like-minded students together through a series of four courses to develop your expertise in knowing and using important features of ERP systems, conducting lean manufacturing reviews and developing a supply chain to obtain a competitive advantage. Friends University has also been ranked 5th for Master’s Degrees in Supply Chain Management in the 2018 Top Online Colleges ranking which is based on value and 12th for Master’s Degrees in Supply Chain Management in the 2018 Most Affordable Online Colleges by SR Education Group.