COVID-19 FAQ for Students

Below is a set of frequently asked questions that students may have in regard to Friends University and COVID-19:

Download the Falcons Helping Falcons Quarantine PDF.

Student FAQs

Is Friends University open?

Yes, however the daily operation has changed slightly. Classes resume August 17. Continue to call campus numbers and email our teams for information and questions.

Are Admissions campus visits, tours and information sessions being affected?

Yes. campus visits and tours are being held both virtually and in-person. Please contact or call 316-295-5103 to arrange a tour.

Will Commencement still take place?

Due to the local health regulations on large gatherings, our Commencement has been cancelled. Please visit the Commencement page for more information.

Are all other on-campus events cancelled?

Yes, all on-campus events have been cancelled at this time.

How will the athlete’s eligibility be affected by Coronavirus?

The NAIA has extended eligibility for spring athletes. Please check with your coach or visit for more information.

I am an international student. What does that mean for me?

As long as an F-1 student maintains full-time enrollment and is actively participating in courses, he/she will be considered in status. Friends University will be returning to normal operations and will follow existing federal regulations regarding online education. This means all F-1 students will continue to enroll in on-campus courses, with the option of taking approximately one online course.

I am enrolled in a studio course. Will it continue?

Students should communicate with professors to receive instruction and expectations for class requirements.

I am enrolled in a class with a lab section. Will it continue?

Students should communicate with professors to receive instruction and expectations for class requirements.

I am having trouble accessing my classes online. What should I do?

If you are having trouble accessing your classes online, please contact the help desk at to assist you.

Will work-study jobs on campus be affected?

Work-study students are encouraged to communicate with their supervisors to determine the status of their role in their current position. If work-study students are not able to continue in their current position, they should reach out to Human Resources to discuss a possible alternative position.

Are counseling services available to students, faculty and staff?

Students can contact the Center on Family Living at to request therapy services or ComCare of Sedgwick County at 316-660-7500 or call 211. Faculty and staff can contact EMPAC at 316-265-9922.

What should I do if I suspect I have COVID-19?

Contact your health care provider immediately and seek their advice.

What can I do to protect myself and others against COVID-19 and influenza?

  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
  • Stay home when you are sick. If you have a positive influenza (flu) test, honor the 5 days after symptoms started rule. Do not come back to school until you have waited the full 5 days.
  • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder.
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.

Is student counseling available?

Yes, the Center on Family Living offers services for students. Visit here for more information and to request services. Students may also contact 2-1-1 for a current list of mental health resources or the main line at ComCare of Sedgwick County at 316-660-7700.

Can students access the food pantry?

Yes. Contact Kim White at 316-295-5685 or to make arrangements to pick up food pantry items.

Will students be living on campus for the fall semester?

Currently, we are moving forward with students being back on campus and living on campus for the fall semester. In the event this is altered, we will notify students immediately.

Should students apply for unemployment?

If students are no longer working due to COVID-19, we recommend contacting the Department of Labor for your state. The Kansas Department of Labor website can be found here.

What is the best way to make payments on my current school account?

Student account payments can be made in the following manner:

  1. Online with Self Service Banner.
  2. Over the phone by calling the cashier at 316-295-5865. All major credit cards are accepted.
  3. Mail a check with your student ID on the memo line to: Friends University Attn: Student Accounts 2100 W. University Ave. Wichita, KS 67213

For additional questions or concerns on student accounts, contact Student Account Services at or 316-295-5630.

Will fall student campus events take place?

We are planning for fall events and will follow any health and safety guidelines suggested.

Will the fall sports season be pushed back?

The athletic teams will follow NAIA guidelines for athletic training and events.

What is the best way to contact campus offices and the IT Help Desk?

The main university number is 316-295-5000. The IT Help Desk can be reached at or 316-295-5767. Phone calls will be answered on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

COVID-19 Contact Form

Contact Us

Have a question about COVID-19 for us? Use this form to reach out. Alternatively, contact our COVID Hotline at 316-295-5298 or We will get back to you as soon as possible.