Career Passport Program
The passport program is your guide to career and professional development each semester at Friends University. We believe the process of career exploration and preparation is best embraced consistently throughout every semester of your undergraduate education at Friends University. Below you will if the events in the spring 2023 passport program. Participate in events to earn points. Points = prizes! Better yet, get prepared for your career beyond college.
Struggling with career planning? We can help!
Spring 2023 Passport Schedule
You can find the spring 2023 Passport program schedule below:
|Career Survey||Associate Dean||Jan. 1 – 31||Take the Survey Here||10|
|RA Professional Dev.||Residence Life||TBD||TBD||10/ea.|
|Peer Tutoring||ARC||Jan 17 – March 31||Book Appointment||5=20pts|
|Lunch w/ Joe Skillen||Campus Ministries||February 9||12:00 (noon)-1:00pm||20|
|Lunch w/ Wendy M.S.||Campus Ministries||February 16||12:00 (noon)-1:00pm||20|
|OASIS Visitor #1 (BTB)||Career Services||In Progress||Time? 10-2?||10|
|OASIS Visitor #2 (BTB)||(BTB)||Career Services||Time? 10-2?||10|
|Lunch w/ Mark Hoover||Campus Ministries||March 30||12:00 (noon)-1:00pm||20|
|Professional Headshot||Marketing/Career Serv.||In progress||Drop in Welcome||10|
|Internship Fair||Career Services||March 7||1:00 - 3:00pm||25|
|Lunch w/ Keas Keasler||Campus Ministries||April 6||12:00 (noon)-1:00pm||20|
|OASIS Visitor #3 (BTB)||Career Services||In Progress||Time? 10-2?||10|
|FriendsTalk||VPAA office||Apr 18||7:00-8:30pm||40|
|Social/Behav. Fair||Career Services/MFT||April 27||1:00-3:00pm||30|
|Resume Review||Career Services||Schedule Here||30 minutes||15|
|Big Interview||Career Services||Schedule Here||30 minutes||20|
|*5 videos = 10 points. Max of 10 videos per semester for 20 points.|
|W Event (off-site)||W||List of W Events||Time Varies||25|
|*Attend up to 4 events (25 points each)|
|Job Shadowing||Form Submission||Anytime||Minimum of 2 Hours||50|
|*One per semester, 1 hour minimum.|
|Professional Mentoring: MAXIMUM of up to 5 meetings per semester combined on/off campus|
|Mentoring: on campus||Form Submission||Anytime||Minimum of 45 min.||10/ea|
|Mentoring: VOCATION||Form Submission||Anytime||Minimum of 45 min.||25/ea|
|Mentoring: off campus||Form Submission||Anytime||Minimum of 45 min.||20/ea|
Frequently Asked Questions
Career Passport FAQs
Have a question about the Passport program? Here is a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any question you might have.
- Where can I learn about events for the Career Passport?Visit the Career Passport website at: friends.edu/passport. We recommend you follow Career Services on Twitter, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn.
- How do you earn points?Attend events and participate in activities. It’s that simply. When you attend, be sure to sign in and let us know you are there. We will do the rest. If you participated in an activity including job shadowing or mentoring, e-mail the form to CB_Deans_Office@friends.edu.
- Where can I find out how many points I have?You can stop by Davis 311 or e-mail CB_Deans_Office@friends.edu. The spring 2023 is a pilot semester. We are still working out all of the details. That said let us know your question and we will figure it out.
- Who should participate?All undergraduate students in all majors! This program is really designed for everyone – freshmen through seniors. Also, we know every event might seem like it’s not for your major or job interest, but we want you to feel prepared and confident for job interviews, networking, interacting with business professionals, and attending professional events.
- Why should I participate?Your professional and career development matters! In fact, we believe this may be one of the top reasons you have chosen to attend college at Friends University. If you are here to get a better job, make more money, find a career you love, and/or progress in your professional life this program is for you! Don’t believe us – give it a try or come visit with us.
- What prizes will the points earn?Spring 2023 prizes are still TBD. Also, we would like to hear from you (our students) on what prizes you would be interested in. Also, we are working with our business and community partners. If you have ideas or connections, please send them our way!
- Who can I contact with questions?You can direct your questions to Dr. Preston Todd, Associate Academic Dean at Friends University by e-mail to email@example.com, phone (316)295-5623 or stop by the office in Davis 311. You can also visit Career Services in Davis 216 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.