Technology at Friends University is provided by the Office of Online Learning and Information Technology departments.
The Office of Online Learning provides support for Moodle, online learning resources, and technology. Information Technology is divided into three main segments. Help Desk provides technical support for the University. Infrastructure is responsible for managing hardware and network services, classroom technology and computer labs. Administrative Computing oversees the administrative databases.
Information Technology Department’s Mission: To provide fully integrated and secure information technology resources that are accessible anywhere, anytime, to support the business of the University in meeting its institutional mission and goals.
Please reference the following links for Friends University technology resources:
- Self-service Banner (SSB): When you are on a Friends University campus computer or away from campus, access with Banner ID and PIN.
- Moodle: Web-enhanced courses can be accessed with network username and password.
- Email: Access your Friends University email account and view instructions for connecting your email to your smartphone.
- Getting Started with Office 365: Instructions for accessing and initially using Office 365 accounts for students.
- Library: Online library resources. Access with network username and password.
- Password Reset: Reset your password for email, Moodle, and on-campus computer access. You will need to know your current password to register with this self-service tool. Once registered with the tool you will be able to reset your password as often as you need.
- Lync: Communicate with staff and faculty members through our campus instant messaging software.
Windows 32-bit Operating System
Windows 64-bit Operating System
- Windows VPN client: For remote access please choose the appropriate download:
Windows Operating System.
Please click open to run the automatic install and select all the defaults.You may download installation instructions.
- Macintosh VPN client: Download Mac VPN client for remote access. Please click open to run the automatic install and select all the defaults. You may download installation instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wireless Access Points:
All students, faculty and staff members can connect to the wireless at the University by entering the current wireless key when prompted. Wireless is available campus-wide.
How do you set up campus email on a mobile device?
View the instructions for setting up campus email on a mobile device.
What information do new students, staff and faculty need to know?
We have compiled a complete list of technology information necessary to get started in the Friends University network. In the meantime, if you have questions, please contact the Help Desk at 316-295-5767 or email@example.com.
What is the Internet Network Usage Policy?
View the Internet Network Usage Policy.