Technology at Friends University is provided by the Office of Online Learning and Information Technology departments.
The Office of Online Learning provides support for Moodle, online learning resources, and technology. Information Technology is divided into three main segments. Help Desk provides technical support for the University. Infrastructure is responsible for managing hardware and network services, classroom technology and computer labs. Administrative Computing oversees the administrative databases.
Information Technology Department’s Mission: To provide fully integrated and secure information technology resources that are accessible anywhere, anytime, to support the business of the University in meeting its institutional mission and goals.
Please reference the following links for Friends University technology resources:
- FalconHub: Your one-stop shop for Banner Self-Service, Moodle, Friends e-mail and Office applications, how-to guides and training materials. Customized content for Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Self-service Banner (SSB): When you are on a Friends University campus computer or away from campus, access with Banner ID and PIN.
- Moodle: Web-enhanced courses can be accessed with network username and password.
- Email: Access your Friends University email account and view instructions for connecting your email to your smartphone.
- Library: Online library resources. Access with network username and password.
- Friends University Password Reset Tool: Uses your personal e-mail address registered with the University to create a new password for your Friends e-mail, Moodle, Self-Service Banner, campus computers, Atomic Learning and library databases
Frequently Asked Questions
Wireless Access Points:
All students, faculty and staff members can connect to the wireless at the University by entering the current wireless key when prompted. Wireless is available campus-wide.
How do you set up campus email on a mobile device?
View the instructions for setting up campus email on a mobile device.
What is the Internet Network Usage Policy?
View the Internet Network Usage Policy.
Why can’t I save a fillable PDF in Chrome?
If you are filling out the FERPA (or any other fillable PDF) form on the friends.edu website, follow these instructions:
Please download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC at http://get.adobe.com/reader. Make sure you do not install the Chrome extension or McAfee. If you open PDFs to fill them out in the browser, you will lose any information you fill out within the Chrome browser. You will need to download the form and fill it out in Adobe Acrobat in order to save your information to be sent back to us.