An education in teaching history can prepare students well for different types of museum or interpretive field work, as well as give them the basics necessary to build a career in other aspects of teaching, including coaching, working with special needs students, administration, and more. Since the teaching of history and other social science subjects is a core component of all secondary education programs, the need for such teachers is constant.
Start your future in History, Government and Social Studies Education.
Earn Your Degree in History, Government and Social Studies Education.
The History, Government and Social Studies Education degree is designed for those students who have a passion for history civics, sociology, government, economics and other related fields which have inspired them to become teachers themselves.
Access to library and academic support services
Accessible educators with real-world experience and expertise
Helpful career guidance
- Professor of Political Science; Director of Honors Program; Model UN Sponsor
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- B.A., M.A., Brigham Young University; Ph.D., Catholic University of America
- Associate Professor of Education; Education QA Coordinator; Interim Unit Head of Education
- B.S., Florida State University; M.S. Troy State University; Ph.D., University of Florida
- Assistant Professor of History
- A.A., B.A., M.A., Wichita State University