As a Biochemistry major, you learn to understand biology at a molecular level and techniques used in biomedical and agricultural research. The major prepares you for careers in teaching, research and development, and professional careers in the life sciences.
Representative job titles and areas of specialization:
- Air Pollution Specialist *
- Analytical Biochemist *
- Bio-Organic Chemist *
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist *
- Genetic Technician *
- Medical Technologist
- Pharmaceutical Salesperson *
- Plant Biochemist/Physiologist *
- Quality Control Technician *
- Research Assistant*
- Science Librarian
- Technical Writer *
- Weights and Measures Assistant *
* The jobs with asterisks may be obtained with a bachelor’s degree depending on the type of coursework you completed and experience you gained as an undergrad.
If you are considering a career in biochemical research, you should pursue a Ph.D. If you have a master’s degree, you may work as a research assistant.