Providing Compassionate & Affordable Therapeutic Services
Contact the Center on Family Living
The mission of the Friends University Center on Family Living (CFL) is to provide compassionate and affordable therapeutic services to individuals, couples and families. We believe that clients are best understood and supported in the context of their relationships. We do not discriminate or refuse services to anyone on the basis of their socioeconomic status, age, culture, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation. We respect the rights of clients and safeguard client confidence as permitted by law.
Here is some basic information about the CFL:
- Individual sessions 1-6 are free to Friends University students and any additional sessions are $15/session.
- Couple and family sessions 1-6 are free to Friends University students and any additional sessions are $15/session.
- All Suite Therapy sessions are free to Friends University students.
- All Group Therapy offered through the CFL is free to Friends University students.
- Community member session fees are based on household income and number living in the home.
- Persons wanting to initiate therapy services must complete an intake in-person or over the phone. This process takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
- After completing the intake, the client will be assigned an available student therapist, placed on a wait list (Friends University students only), or offered community referrals.
- Intakes are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis with Friends University students receiving priority assignment.
- Initial sessions are approximately 90 minutes with all other therapy sessions being 50 minutes.
- Sessions begin on the hour or ½ hour.
- In-person and teletherapy options are available.
To Begin Services
During office hours
- Walk in and request to complete an intake with staff.
- Call the CFL main line and complete an intake over the phone. (This process takes about 10-15 minutes.)
After hours or weekends
- Leave a message on the CFL main line with contact information. Staff will attempt to return call on the next business day to complete a telephone intake.
Intakes are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis with Friends University students receiving priority assignment.
You may also use the request for services form to contact us about services.
CFL services are available to all Friends University students unless the student is a staff member or a family member of a staff member. These students will be provided with referrals outside of the CFL.