Hotlines & Text Lines
Feeling overwhelmed? Need someone to talk to?
Connect with someone now through one of the following resources.
You don’t have to be in crisis to take advantage of these opportunities to speak or chat with a trained professional or volunteer who can listen to your concerns, and offer insight and advice.
Wichita area hotlines (24/7):
- ComCare Suicide Prevention Hotline: 316-660-7500
- Wichita Area Sexual Assault Center & 24 Hour Crisis Hotline: 316-263-3002
- Wichita Family Crisis Center/ 24 Hour Crisis Line: 316-267-7233
Wichita area text/chat services (24/7):
- ComCare Suicide Prevention Text Line: Text CONNECT to 741741
Kansas hotlines (24/7):
- Kansas Crisis Hotline: 888-363-2287 (for sexual & domestic violence)
- Kansas Suicide Prevention HQ: 785-841-2345
National hotlines (24/7):
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: 988
- LGBT National Hotline: 888-843-4564
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- TransLifeline: 877-565-8860
- Trevor Project Hotline: 866-488-7386 (LGBTQ+)
- RAINN National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-4673
- Veterans Crisis Line: 988 then Press 1 OR 1-800-273-8255 & Press 1
National text / chat services (24/7):
- 988 Suicide & Crisis “Lifeline Chat” Service: Text 988 (LGBTQ+ people under 25 can access LGBTQ+ support from 3p.m. to 2a.m. Eastern, daily.)
- National Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: Text START to 88788
- Steve Fund Crisis Text Line: Text STEVE to 741741 (especially for students of color)
- Trevor Project Chat Service & Text Line: Text START to 678678 (especially for LGBTQ+ students)
- Veterans Crisis Line: Text 838255
Self-Help or help others
A spiritual walk provided by Campus ministry at Friends University. This walk is based upon the Stations of the Cross. One can use this as a meditative walk through campus in order to help regulate anxiety, calm the mind, and get exercise.
The CFL also provides a free, anonymous, and brief online mental health screening tool. Take your online mental health screening today!