A career field in high demand
With a strong focus on the fundamentals of commerce, a degree in finance will prepare you to make the transition from theory to practice in the realm of figures, trajectories and dividends.
Start your future in finance.
A Degree in Finance
A degree in finance prepares students for a professional career in fields such as corporate or business finance, financial management in government and nonprofit organizations, financial planning, investments and banking.
Global & Domestic Dimensions of Finance
Preparation includes both technical knowledge and analytical skills, as well as the ability to apply and communicate results. The program will require students to master both the global and domestic dimensions of finance.
Transition From Theory to Practice
To achieve these objectives, coursework will feature problem-solving and analytical decision-making. Through case studies, simulations and optional trips to financial centers, students will make the transition from theory to practice. Current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help you appreciate the complexities of financial and investment management.
Helpful career guidance
“The format of the classes and the faculty is the perfect mix. Most faculty have real-world experience that helps them to understand the actual needs of the students.”Carter Bowen, Finance Major
Candidates must complete 54 credit hours outside the Division of Business and Information Technology. A grade of ‘C’ or better must be earned in each division course applied to the major or minor.
- Demonstrate the ability to value firms and judge financial policies through the analysis of financial and economic data.
- Demonstrate the ability to do an analysis of a firm’s financial health.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of a bank’s financial models through the comprehensive analysis of financial data.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate deliverables orally and in writing.
- Professor of Finance; Division Chair of Business & Information Technology
- Business and Information Technology