Residence Hall Closings During University Breaks
Green Residence Hall closings:
Students must sign up in advance and pay $10 per night to stay for break housing. Otherwise, keycards to suites and the building are deactivated. The closing schedule is listed below, although this information is subject to change as we get closer to University breaks.
All other residential facilities:
Friends University does not close other residential facilities during breaks. Students living in Falcon Flats, Falcon Glenn, Friends Village, Smith Apartments or a University House may stay in their facility during mid-semester breaks. Students in these facilities may also stay over Christmas and Summer breaks if returning to Friends the following semester (extra charges apply for Summer housing). Upon their final semester at Friends, students living in these facilities may only live in their apartment until 5:00 pm the Sunday following their last scheduled final.
Closing schedule for the 2015-16 academic year:
- GRH closes at 5 p.m., Friday, November 20
- GRH reopens at noon, Sunday, November 29
- GRH closes at 5 p.m., Friday, December 18
- Break housing in GRH is unavailable between 5 p.m., Wednesday, December 23 and noon, Sunday, January 3
- GRH reopens at noon, Sunday, January 10 for all other students
- GRH closes at 5 p.m., Friday, March 11
- GRH reopens at noon, Sunday, March 20
- GRH closes at 5 p.m., Friday, May 6